1. Pack your swim suits in a carry on bag so you can swim when you get onboard.
It might take a while for your bags to show up in your room.
2. You’re allowed to bring a 12 pack of soda and a bottle of wine per adult. Do it!
3. Find a map right away when you get on the ship. Study it. I got lost a lot!
4. Don’t pay full price at the spa.
Take advantage of the great spa treatment specials while at port. Also the last day they will announce major discounts.
5. Be prepared to be in LOTS of photos!
I had no idea there would be photographers set up everywhere. It was a little crazy. Anytime you get off or on the ship a photographer is waiting. You don’t have to take the photos, we just walked past them most of the time. Believe me… if you skip once, they will find you again. ha!
Carnival had rows and rows of backdrops set up everywhere on the first formal night. If it’s packed, you don’t need to wait in line that night, because they will do this several times throughout the week. We didn’t pose for any pictures, but I had a great time watching all the families dressed in the same colors for family photos. I even saw one family all wearing the brightest orange and white stripped shirts!! The dad did not look thrilled at all. ha!
6. The main lobby deck is a wonderful, quiet spot to lounge and read.
The main lobby deck is shaded and a great place to get away from the crowds around the pool.
7. Come in early from a shore excursion and enjoy the ship to yourself.
8. Get sea sick? Try Sea-Bands.
I tried these out before I went on the cruise and got addicted to them. I have really bad ears and vertigo pretty bad, so I was worried about going on a ship and getting sick. I actually felt fine on the ship and didn’t need the Sea Bands, but brought them just in case. They really do help!
9. If you want a good seat by the main pool, be sure to bring towels and save your chairs on the way to pick up breakfast.
10. Wear elastic waist pants or a flowing dress and order Carnival’s Chocolate Melting Cake every night! ha.
You might even order two… they will bring it… just ask my husband. I like what our cruise director Chris said on the first formal night: Be sure to wear your good outfit on the first formal night because you might not be able to wear it by the end of the trip!
11. Formal night is really not that formal.
Business casual is fine. I found some really cute inexpensive dresses at Charming Charlie.